Monday, May 4, 2009

What I Would Do With My Time If I Were Rich

My job sucks. At least it does for me. I'm sure this would be a great job for someone else, it's just that 99% of the time, I have absolutely no interest in doing it. Or any job, for that matter.

1. Teach more classes at the library
2. Plant a huge edible garden
3. Travel a lot.
4. Take art classes.
5. Hang out with my kids.
6. Golf (isn't this one such a cliche).
7. Raise and show purebred cats. Maybe dogs too.
8. Drop by and go out to lunch with my friends who still have to work.
9. Plan and cook elaborate meals.
10. Exercise. A lot.
11. Get an MFA, also maybe and MBA, a JD and a PhD.
12. Quilt.
13. Tutor at my kids' schools.
14. Read more.
15. Constantly redecorate the house.
16. Ride horses.
17. Volunteer at the food bank.
18. Volunteer at museums.
19. Start a business.
20. Become a pilates instructor.
21. Learn to dance.
21. Ride motorcycles.
23. Write.

Working sucks. I think there should be a government lottery that gives you a year off with pay. Everyone with a full time job could be automatically entered, and when you won, a government official would show up at your job with a check and a temp to cover your position. Wouldn't that be so cool!

No comments: