Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The People Who Showed Up to Wednesday Night Writing Group

Hmmm, this is technically just a list, nothing horrible about it really. On a personal level, I think it's kind of horrible that I'm not self-motivated enough to be able to write without finding a group of perfect strangers to do it with, but you know, maybe I need to accept myself for the lazy, disorganized, unmotivated piece of human flotsam that I am. That way I can focus on more important things.

1. Nina - the organizer of the event, who doesn't own a car
2. Pamela - the first person that I met, who was there early like me
3. Monique - very shy and possibly religious and came with Marlise
4. Marlise - how cool is that name?
5. Catie - who has an excellent sense of humor
6. Elizabeth - who I don't remember now at all
7. Beth - not the same as Elizabeth, who sat across from me, next to Pamela
8. Olivia - who speaks very quietly
9. Diana - who didn't want to use the prompts because she is a rebel, maybe
10. Anya - who showed up late, and sat at the other end of the table.
11. Me - crowdpleasing showboater and writing group snob.

I think I made a very good impression. Stay tuned for more writing group-related posts.

No comments: